Focus and Features
The primary focus of this course is to provide you with an introduction to data analysis.
This course will expose you to the data analytics practices executed in the business world. Explore such key areas as the analytical process, how data is created, sorted, accessed, and how the organization works with data and creates the environment in which analytics can flourish.
- Understand and differentiate data analytics from other methods of audit evidence collection and testing techniques.
- Articulate the benefits and challenges of using data analytics.
- Describe the nature and potential application of data analytics in an audit to support other internal audit activities.
- Identify examples of analytical testing in common business process areas.
- Recognize the relevant professional guidance to support this topic.
- Utilize documentation guidance when employing data analytics.