The primary focus of this course is to provide you with an overview of the consulting engagement.
- Identify the differences between assurance and consulting engagements.
- Identify the process used during engagements to blend both assurance and consulting components.
- Identify the various types of consulting services provided by internal auditors.
- Identify the process that internal audit functions use when selecting which requested consulting engagements to perform.
- Identify the process for conducting an advisory consulting engagement.
- Identify the benefits to an organization when the internal audit function provides consulting services.
- Identify the ways that the internal audit function can provide insight to stakeholders through the performance of consulting engagements.
- Identify the reasons for determining customer expectations for consulting activities.
- Identify the Standards as they pertain to consulting engagements.
- Identify the reasons that the internal audit function sets boundaries for consulting activities.